Time Deposit FAQ's
1. How do I apply for a Celtic Bank's timed deposit?
- Either fill out the online application or downloadable PDF application, print, sign and fax to (801-363-6562 Attn. Time Deposits) or mail back to Celtic Bank. Attn Time Deposits, 268 South State Street #300, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.
2. Where can I find current rates for Celtic Bank's time deposits?
<- Go to the current rates section or click here to find out interest rates and APY's for designated time frames and Money Market Accounts.
3. How do I transfer my funds?
- You may write Celtic Bank a check or you may call 801-363-6500 and we can send you instructions on how to complete a wire transfer.
4. Will I need to follow up with my application?
- A Celtic Bank representative will contact you as soon as your application has been received. However, it is good practice to confirm your application has arrived.
6. Is Celtic Bank an FDIC insured institution?
- Yes, Celtic Bank is a member of the FDIC. FDIC deposit insurance was permanently increased to $250,000 per depositor per insured financial institution on July 21, 2010.
7. Is there an early withdrawal penalty?
- 30 days of interest will be forfeited for deposits with a term of less than 1 year.
- 90 days of interest will be forfeited for deposits with a term of 1 year and up to 10 years.
-182 days of interest will be forfeited for deposits with a term of 10 years or more.